There have been umpteen requests on how to write a matrimonial bio-data, hence this post.
Following are the key constituents of a matrimonial bio-data:
- Date of birth
- Habits (drinking/smoking)
- Educational Qualification. Which college did you go to?
- Where you work currently? Place and organisation
- Annual Income if you wish to reveal
- Father’s name, educational qualification, where he works/worked. Where does he live currently and where are they settled?
- Mother’s name, working/housewife?
- No. of sisters/brothers. Married or single? Where do they work and reside? what does your brother-in-law or sister-in-law do? If they are studying, then where etc?
Details required for horoscope generation and matching:
- Time of birth
- Place of birth
In addition to this, if the horoscope is available then only these are needed for matching:
- Remaining dasa
- Gothram like Kousigam, Garga etc
- Star like Magam, Poosam etc
- Raasi and Navamsam squares
Format of bio-data
It helps to have a soft copy format and hard copy. For soft copy you can either get a nice PDF done or Word doc.